Trinity Under Scrutiny

This is a blog dealing with theology, christology, religion, maybe even politics from time to time. As a matter of fact, I will stretch the scope of this blog to the point of discussing any piece of fiction I deem worthy of analyzing for its insights on ethical/moral issues. It is meant to be a forum for discussing God from the perspective of a 21st century layman.

Name:
Location: Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico

X-Gen child, aspiring aesthete, yet interested in the moral and ethical decadence of modern man and his lifelong yearning for a relationship with the meaningful Other

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Firestarter, Part I: The destructive power of man

I will make my first official entry into this blog by commenting on my latest reading, Firestarter by Stephen King. I have been a fan of his work for some time. Even though he is a pop novelist, I always find very insightful situations presented in his work.

Reflecting on the hypothetical situation of an exaggerated development of parapsychological abilities in human beings I think: why are we so excited about developing destructive devices at the expense of human beings? What is wrong with us?

I will comment further on this reading as well as the other book I am reading "The Community of the Beloved Disciple"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home