Trinity Under Scrutiny

This is a blog dealing with theology, christology, religion, maybe even politics from time to time. As a matter of fact, I will stretch the scope of this blog to the point of discussing any piece of fiction I deem worthy of analyzing for its insights on ethical/moral issues. It is meant to be a forum for discussing God from the perspective of a 21st century layman.

Name:
Location: Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico

X-Gen child, aspiring aesthete, yet interested in the moral and ethical decadence of modern man and his lifelong yearning for a relationship with the meaningful Other

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Anniversary

Today, my wife and I celebrate 9 years of "going steady". I don't know if every couple (married or otherwise) remembers (or celebrates) the day they finally became an item. To us it has always been a very special occasion.

We met at a CVX (Christian Life Communities) in Monterrey. To both of us the jesuits have played a very important role in our adult lives. For me it certainly was a lifesaver. I have always maintained a certain balance in my life through reading or attending courses on human development, usually imparted by jesuits.

We started going steady on a Friday night. It had been, in fact, after a series of conferences (I don't remember what the topic was). The day before Ale had announced she would be leaving for the SJJV (Jesuit Voluntary Social Service). I guess I finally realized what a real imbecile I was (nowadays I come to this realization much more often). We were horsing around and then I said something (which, hopefully, will never be known to John Q. Public) which made her real mad.

Anyway, the thing is that I apologized as best as I could (something which, by the way, I have been doing ever since) by taking her out to dinner. We had a good time and then I took her home. It is here that I finally got the guts to ask her for a kiss. The request, however, did not come out with the debonaire that I would have expected from a cultured, articulate person as myself. There was still an issue to resolve, and that would happen the following evening.

So, on Saturday night we went out. First, we tried to go to some fancy place where we were turned down in good ol' suck-my-cock San Pedro. We eventually ended up in a "peña" called La casa de Pancho Villa. I don't remember all the things we talked about. I do remember that I was really scared and thrilled. I guess I thought "gee, finally I'm going to have a girlfriend" after years of heartache and despondency on the girl department. Finally, I popped the question and, as they say, the rest is history.

It is the best thing I have done in all my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home